Where We Invest
To mitigate environmental and weather-related risks during our site-selection process, Amherst teams analyze climate risk on a market-by-market basis, depending on the geographical characteristics of the area. Utilizing FEMA flood zone maps, we assess the risk to our assets and residents to understand the potential impact to our properties when bad weather strikes.
In addition to these measures, our commercial real estate debt team works with third-party consultants to assess environmental risks posed to commercial properties being considered for underwriting. These assessments can include a property site inspection, historical review of the property and its surroundings, an environment report, and a regulatory records review.
How We Operate
As Amherst improves homes, we seek to select high-quality, eco-friendly materials and appliances and renovate for style and durability. Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find inside many of our homes:
- Energy Star GE Appliances
- Energy Star Lennox Heating & Air-Conditioning Systems
- Water Sense Certified Glacier Bay Kitchen and Bathroom Faucets
- Low E American Standard Double Hung Windows
- FloorScore Mohawk Flooring
- U.S.-produced carpeting made from 99% Post-Consumer Recycled Content
- Carb2 Compliant and ESP-Certified MFS Supply Cabinets
- GreenGuard, LEED, and Kosher-Certified Quartz Countertops
- GreedGuard Gold Certified Sherwin Williams Paint